Who are Manchester Jewish Museum volunteers?
Our volunteers are an integral part of the Manchester Jewish Museum Team. They enrich the experience of our visitors and enable us to engage and connect with as many people as possible.
Our volunteers are accepting and welcome all, respecting differences and seeking common ground with others. They are helpful, supportive and make a positive difference.
We appreciate all the valuable contributions our volunteers make through their generous donations of their time, energy and expertise.
Can I volunteer?
Everybody is welcome to join our volunteer team. We promote acceptance, celebrate diversity and aim to make the experience of all our volunteers impactful and memorable. You don’t need to be Jewish to volunteer with us, all you need is an enthusiasm for connecting people together and sharing Jewish stories and culture.
We are looking for volunteers who are imaginative, open minded and can bring lots of enthusiasm to their role.
What will I be doing?
Our volunteers support the museum through welcoming our visitors, preparing and serving nourishing meals in our café, supporting delivery of our events and activities and guiding people through our gallery and synagogue.
There will be several volunteer roles including:
- Gallery & synagogue guides
- Front of house volunteers (welcome, shop & café)
- Family & weekend volunteers
Why should I volunteer?
If you volunteer at Manchester Jewish Museum you will have opportunities to:
- Meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic, welcoming and inclusive team.
- Volunteer inside one of Manchester’s most beautiful historic buildings.
- Develop transferable and/or specialist skills increasing confidence and potential employability.
- Engage with local Jewish heritage and culture and connect with our surrounding communities.
- Make connections to make things better – being part of a team and having a strong sense of purpose in the volunteer role can help reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness and improve wellbeing.
We are flexible and accommodating to individual needs and commitments and will cover any travel expenses so you won’t be out of pocket.
I’m interested – how do I sign up?
Email email@example.com to register your interest or find out more information.
We will be in touch with everyone to invite them to recruitment events this May where you can find out more about the museum and the volunteer scheme. We will be providing training for all our volunteers in early June, ready for our summer re-opening.
I would like to volunteer