We’re now looking for an experienced Capital Project Manager to manage all aspects of our building works programme.
The Capital Project Manager will have overall responsibility for managing the capital works programme, ensuring the design team and contractors meet all set deadlines within agreed budgets. Reporting directly to the Project Sponsor, the Capital Project Manager will chair regular project meetings and produce monthly progress reports for the Board, project team and funders.
- Develop and maintain project management structure and governance
- Manage capital project schedules and documentation
- Manage project risks particularly the budget for the capital building work
- Adhere to reporting cycles for funders, primarily HLF
Main Responsibilities & Key Tasks
- Manage all aspects of the delivery of the museum’s building works programme, including all tender processes, construction, restoration and fit-out work
- Manage and co-ordinate the design team and contractors to meet set deadlines and agreed budgets
- Coordinate and supervise overall planning, capital project structure, schedule, budgets, risk management and tender processes
- Lead the procurement of all contractors, managing the tender process and all contractual agreements
- Chair regular project meetings with consultants and Capital Group members ensuring proper meeting documentation and communication processes are established and adhered to
- Produce monthly progress reports for the Board, staff, project team and funders, comprising finance report, programme progress, risk/opportunity and procedural updates
- Review current project management structure and make any necessary changes as agreed with the Capital Group
- Review and process all project related purchase orders and invoices, confirming accuracy with contracted scope of work, and contracted rates
- Review all proposed plans and construction documents to identify possible value engineering and cost reduction opportunities and work with the various teams to incorporate these changes
- Responsible for the flow of information between the capital project team and others as required
- Devote sufficient time and resource to the project bearing in mind that the museum is not an experienced or sophisticated client
Application deadline: 12noon, Monday 27th November 2017
Interviews will be held week beginning 4th December.
For more information on the role, selection criteria and how to apply see: Brief – Project Manager 2017